Sanitary District No.2 has initiated the Sanitary Sewer Master Plan (SMP) to provide analysis, and recommendations to ensure the collection system remains functional and reliable for the foreseeable future, which involves data collection and system condition assessment to identify and prioritize actions and investments in the capital improvement and maintenance activities.
The main objectives of this initiative are to repair aged or deficient sanitary sewer infrastructure in a prescriptive and cost-efficient manner, and to reduce stormwater inflow and infiltration (I&I) and sanitary sewer overflows (SSO) to protect public health. Upon completion, a comprehensive sanitary sewer master plan (SMP) will meet regulatory mandates and maintain compliance with state laws that require development and implementation of a SMP under the State Water Resources Control Board Waste Discharge Permit. A master plan will provide technical guidance to both the sanitary sewer rehabilitation capital improvement program (CIP) and the sanitary sewer operation and maintenance program (O&M). A well-drafted SMP also incorporates equity factors into the prioritization plan, applies risk-based analytical approach while mitigating I&I issues effectively and efficiently.
As part of the master plan, a pipe condition assessment of the collection system will be performed and Presidio Systems will conduct field inspections involving closed-circuit television video (CCTV) inspection of sanitary sewer manholes in the Town of Corte Madera and parts of Larkspur, Tiburon, and unincorporated Marin County. This work involves temporary access to sewer manholes located on streets and easements. For access to manholes on streets, traffic signs and cone delineators will delineate the work zone consisting of the CCTV truck and sewer cleaning truck. For access to manholes in private property easements, Presidio will notify home owners by placing door hanger notifications prior to requesting access. Normal daily work hours will be 7:30am – 4:00pm.
UPCOMING WORK SCHEDULE: From October 11 through October 15, 2021, Presidio will be working in the following areas:
- Monday, 10/11 – Finish up Christmas Tree Hill and any other segments that do not require traffic control.
- Tuesday, 10/12 – Meet traffic control subcontractor, TMI, at parking lot of 5651 Paradise Drive, Corte Madera at 8:30AM. Inspect “green” segments on Paradise Drive in Tiburon and unincorporated Marin County. Work on Paradise between 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- Wednesday, 10/13 – Inspect yellow segments on C-2 and D-1 with CMSA support and traffic control subcontractor support.
- On Lucky Drive, work south of Fifer Ave only between 9:30am – 2:00pm; work north of Fifer Ave any time.
- Thursday, 10/14 – Inspect yellow segments on D-5, D-6, E-6, and F-6 with CMSA and traffic control subcontractor support.
- East of Seawolf Passage: if lane closure and flagging required, only work between 9:30am – 2:00pm; if possible keep one lane in each direction by pushing to shoulder, work 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- Between Seawolf Passage and San Clemente Dr: work 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- West of San Clemente Dr: Work 7:30am – 4:00pm.
- Friday, 10/15 – Finish up other areas around town.
From October 18 through October 22, 2021, Presidio will be working in the following areas:
- Town of Corte Madera: Paradise Drive, Lucky Drive, Corte Madera Avenue, Redwood Avenue, Morningside Drive, Crescent Road
- Larkspur: Lucky Drive
- Tiburon: Paradise Drive
- Unincorporated Marin County: Paradise Drive