TOWN OF CORTE MADERA PLANNING COMMISSION NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
|PROJECT ADDRESS: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA|
|MEETING DATE: ||OCTOBER 12, 2021|
|TIME AND PLACE: ||7:00 P.M., VIDEO CONFERENCE VIA ZOOM (see below regarding how to access the meeting)|
|SUBJECT: ||PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF A PROPOSED ORDINANCE AMENDMENT TO ADOPT A NEW TITLE (TITLE 22) ADOPTING OBJECTIVE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS FOR QUALIFYING MULTI-FAMILY AND MIXED-USE HOUSING PROJECTS. ASSOCIATED ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS ARE ALSO PROPOSED TO PORTIONS OF TITLE 15 (CHAPTER 15.50) AND TITLE 18 (CHAPTERS 18.02, 18.04, & 18.30) OF THE CORTE MADERA MUNICIPAL CODE|
|PROJECT CONTACT: ||MARTHA BATTAGLIA, SENIOR PLANNER, email@example.com (415) 927-5791|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed ordinance amendments to adopt a new Title of the Municipal Code (Title 22: Objective Design and Development Standards). Title 22 includes objective design and development standards that will be used to evaluate qualifying multi-family housing projects that are submitted to the Town. Recent state legislation limits local jurisdictions’ discretion related to the approval or denial of certain multi-family and mixed-use housing projects. Jurisdictions are limited to using objective standards to evaluate qualifying housing projects. State law defines objective design review standards as involving no personal or subjective judgment by a public official and are uniformly verifiable by reference to an external and uniform benchmark or criterion available and knowable by both the development applicant or proponent and the public official prior to submittal. Title 22 will serve as a supplement to the zoning code and will be applied to qualifying multi-family and mixed-use housing projects. The ordinance amendment does not include rezoning or increasing the density of any property.
Associated amendments are also proposed to Chapter 15.50 (Trees), Chapter 18.02 (General), Chapter 18.04 (Definitions) and Chapter 18.30 (Design Review) of the Town of Corte Madera Municipal Code. The Planning Commission will consider draft ordinance amendments regarding the Objective Design and Development Standards and may provide a recommendation to the Town Council. A subsequent public hearing will be held before the Town Council and will be duly noticed in advance of the meeting. The proposed amendments reflect direction from the Planning Commission at their February 23, 2021, April 13, 2021, April 27, 2021 and July 13, 2021 public meetings.
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the Planning Department has determined that the proposed action is exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) since adoption of the ordinance will not permit any changes to the environment and therefore there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment.
HOW TO ATTEND, PARTICIPATE AND PROVIDE COMMENT AT THE OCTOBER 12, 2021 PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING:
The meeting will be video conferenced using Zoom. To access the guidelines for viewing and participating in video conference go to https://www.townofcortemadera.org/911/Planning-Commission-Meetings
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
- Please note that in an effort to limit potential exposure and community spread of COVID-19, Town facilities are currently open only on an appointment basis. A complete application is available electronically by contacting the project planner listed above.
- If you would like additional information about the application or if you have any question about the project or the process please contact Martha Battaglia, Senior Planner at 415-927-5791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact listed above.
- The Objective Design and Development Standards (Title 22) will be available the Tuesday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact listed above.
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of the Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Martha Battaglia, Senior Planner Posted on October 1, 2021
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.