The 2021 Sewer Rehabilitation Project is designed to improve efficiency and operational integrity of the sewer collection system, reduce inflow & infiltration (I&I), reduce Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) risk, and reduce the need for frequent staff maintenance on the sewer system. The existing sewer mains consists of vitrified clay pipe (VCP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and asbestos cement (AC) pipes.
The sewer projects will include the following roads:
- El Camino Drive
- Estrada Lane
- Paloma Drive
- Granada Drive
- Sonora Way
- Endeavor Drive (Granada Drive to End)
- Endeavor Cove
The project will replace 3,400 linear feet of sewer main, 46 spot repairs, and a rehabilitation of 33 manholes. The total number of lower laterals that will be replaced with this project is 212.
The project schedule is updated as of October 26, 2021. For specific questions, please contact the project inspector Grant Groshans at (925) 413-2547.
- 9/30 to 10/27 Granada Drive between El Camino Drive to top of street – Lower lateral and sewer main work
- 10/26 to 11/5 Endeavor Drive and Endeavor Cove – Lower lateral and sewer main work
- 10/18 to 11/5 El Camino Drive – Sewer lateral replacements
- 11/2 El Camino Drive between Paradise and Granada Drive – Sewer main replacement work (expect traffic delays and detours)
- 10/26 ongoing – Contractor will be doing road, sidewalk, and private property restoration starting on Sonora and moving to Granada, and Endeavor.
- More updates to come
The overall project is scheduled to be completed by March 14, 2022. To access the frequently asked questions you can visit our webpage by clicking on the following link: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/1022/2021-Sewer-Rehabilitation-Project
We will update the project schedule periodically as the project progresses. If you have further questions regarding this work, please contact Chris Good at (415) 927-5794 or email@example.com.