***MOST CURRENT UPDATE: 6/3/21***
As of 6/3/21, the contractor has completed:
- Seawolf Psg
- Spindrift Ct
- Madera Del Presidio Dr (Wildflower to end)
- Presidio Ct
- Enterprise Dr
The remaining 3 streets planned for 6/3/21 have been approximately ½ done (half of the street width for the full length of the street):
- Privateer (between Balclutha and Prince Royal Dr)
- Prince Royal Dr (between Westward and Endeavor)
- Endeavor (between Prince Royal Dr and Granada)
The contractor has informed our Public Works Department that work planned for Friday, 6/4/2021 will go as planned:
- Madera Blvd Phase 1 (between Monona and Tamalpais). This section of road will be CLOSED to traffic and detour around Lakeside will be set up. This includes the Madera residential side street portion as well.
- The remainder of residential streets that got rescheduled from Wednesday (Privateer Dr. Ct. & Balclutha)
- Any Town Park Paths that the contractor can fit in with the remainder of the work day
The streets that were unfinished from 6/3/21 will be rolled into the work set to occur Monday, 6/7/2021:
- Madera Blvd Phase 2 (between Monona and Council Crest). No road closure here however thru traffic should expect minor delays. This includes the Madera residential side street portion as well.
- The remainder of residential streets that got bumped from today (1/2 of: Privateer, Prince Royal Dr., Endeavor Dr.)
- Any Town Park Paths that they can fit in with the remainder of the work day
For questions, please contact Public Works at (415)927-5057. Thank you.
Last summer the Town initiated a preventative maintenance project to resurface over 20 road segments by applying a "slurry seal" to improve and preserve the overall pavement condition. Due to cold and inclement weather, the entirety of the project was not completed last year and had to be postponed. Now that we’re into the warmer months of the year, road resurfacing is anticipated to resume in Corte Madera as early as June 2nd. Access to your road may be limited between the hours of 8am to 5pm for 1-2 days while the micro surfacing application occurs. Driving on the freshly re-surfaced road prior to the material curing is prohibited to avoid tracking oil and debris, which could cause damage to your vehicles and driveway. However, emergency vehicles will be provided access at all times. Due to this, residents will likely need to park on nearby streets on the days that work is occurring in front of your home.
Last fall, the contractor began this project, however, had to suspend work due to colder temperatures and short daylight hours. Approximately half of the project was completed in 2020, and now the contractor is returning to finish the rest of the work.
Exact dates for each street are unknown at this time, however, the contractor (Intermountain Slurry Seal) will notify residents prior to the road work, and “No Parking” signs will be posted a minimum of 72 hours in advance of work with the specific days of work listed.
To view the current schedule on this upcoming work, please use the following link: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/DocumentCenter/View/6375/TCM-Written-Project-Schedule?bidId=
View the traffic control plan for for the Madera Blvd slurry seal work set to occur this coming Friday June 4th: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/DocumentCenter/View/6408/Madera-Blvd-Section-1-Phase-Plan-
More information on this project can be found at the project website: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/937/Preventative-Maintenance-Project
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or (415) 927-5120.