The Corte Madera COVID-19 Housing Assistance Fund was created through a partnership between the Corte Madera Community Foundation and the Town of Corte Madera back in June 2020. This relief fund was used to assist qualified applicants with paying a portion of their rent or mortgage payment for their primary residence. Due to the continuing economic hardships people in our Town are facing due to COVID-19 and the Public Health Orders currently in place, we are once again encouraging our residents to apply for a possible opportunity to receive some housing assistance.
In order to be eligible for a grant in Round 2, your income based on your household size must fall under the schedules shown in the chart on page 2. These schedules have been published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as of April 1st, 2020. Any applicant with a household size that has an income limit that is greater than the income limits listed under the “Low Income” schedule in the chart on page 2 will not qualify.
Eligibility shall be determined without consideration of immigration and citizenship status. Individuals who do not have a primary residence address in Corte Madera are not eligible to apply.
Please note that due to limited funding, all first-time applicants to this housing fund must provide a copy of the following documents – NO EXCEPTIONS. Returning applicants will only need to submit a Housing Assistance, Round 2 application. (Note: Please make sure your Social Security Number is redacted (blacked out) from all documents prior to submission)
- Corte Madera COVID-19 Housing Assistance Fund Round 2 Grant Application
- Federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040) for the last 2 years
- A copy of your lease agreement or letter from your landlord verifying the amount of monthly rent for your primary residence, or letter from your mortgage holder verifying the monthly mortgage payment for your primary residence.
- Employment letter or job-related document proving your income loss has been affected due to COVID-19 (For example, pay stubs or any other official document from your employer are valid)
- Proof of rental history to landlord or proof of payment history to mortgage lender (For example, a record showing your rental/mortgage payments)
- Copy of a photo identification
- School records or birth certificates (required for applicants stating they have dependent children living in their home)
The Town of Corte Madera will allocate a one-time grant of an amount that will be determined based on the number of qualified applications received. Only one grant per household will be awarded. To access the fillable PDF application from our website, please go to the following link: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/DocumentCenter/View/5150/COVID-19-Housing-Assistance-Application-Final
The required documents, including the Round 2 application must be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought in person (Monday through Thursday 8am – 4pm only) to the Administration Department at Town Hall, 300 Tamalpais Drive, no later than 4:00PM on Monday, September 14th, 2020. Email submissions and in-person submissions must include all required documentation with the application prior to the deadline. Additional documentation submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Applications will not be reviewed until Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Applications that are reviewed and are found to be incomplete due to missing documentation will be disqualified and will not be considered. Town staff will contact applicants regarding the status of their application no later than 4pm on Monday, September 21, 2020. If you have any questions regarding Round 2 of the Corte Madera Housing Assistance Fund, please call 415-927-5086.