The Corte Madera COVID-19 Housing Assistance Fund was created through a partnership between the Corte Madera Community Foundation and the Town of Corte Madera. This $75,000 fund is intended to assist Corte Madera residents who are currently experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and the necessary health and safety precautions to comply with shelter-in-place orders issued by the County of Marin and the Governor of the State of California.
This relief fund would be used to assist qualified applicants with paying a portion of their rent or mortgage payment for their primary residence. In order to be eligible for a grant, your income based on your household size must fall under the schedules shown in the chart found at the bottom of this page. These schedules have been published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as of April 1st, 2020. Any applicant with a household size that has an income limit that is greater than the income limits listed under the “Low Income” schedule in the chart below will not qualify.
Eligibility shall be determined without consideration of immigration and citizenship status. Individuals who do not have a primary residence address in Corte Madera are not eligible to apply.
Please note that due to limited funding, all applicants must provide a copy of the following documents– NO EXCEPTIONS. (Note: Please make sure your Social Security Number is redacted (blacked out) from all documents prior to submission)
- Corte Madera COVID-19 Housing Assistance Fund Grant Application
- Federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040) for the last 2 years
- A copy of your lease agreement or letter from your landlord verifying the amount of monthly rent for your primary residence, or letter from your mortgage holder verifying the monthly mortgage payment for your primary residence.
- Employment letter or job-related document proving your income loss has been affected due to COVID-19 (For example, pay stubs or any other official document from your employer are valid)
- Proof of rental history to landlord or proof of payment history to mortgage lender (For example, a record showing your rental/mortgage payments)
- Copy of a photo identification
- School records or birth certificates (required for applicants stating they have dependent children living in their home)
The Town of Corte Madera will allocate a one-time grant of an amount that will be determined based on the number of qualified applications received. Only one grant per household will be awarded. To access the fillable PDF application from our website, please go to the following link: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/DocumentCenter/View/5150/COVID-19-Housing-Assistance-Application-Final
The required documents and this application must be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought in person to the Administration Department at Town Hall, 300 Tamalpais Drive, no later than 4:00PM on Wednesday, July 8, 2020. Email submissions and in-person submissions must include all required documentation with the application prior to the deadline. Additional documentation submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Applications will not be reviewed until Thursday, July 9, 2020. Applications that are reviewed and are found to be incomplete due to missing documentation will be disqualified and will not be considered. Town staff will contact applicants regarding the status of their application no later than 4pm on Monday, July 20, 2020. If you have any questions regarding the Corte Madera Housing Assistance Fund, please call 415-927-5086.