TOWN OF CORTE MADERA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
|PROJECT ADDRESS: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA|
|MEETING DATE: ||MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020 (Regular meeting moved to Monday because of Election)|
|TIME AND PLACE:||6:30 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE|
|SUBJECT: ||PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTERS 18.18 AND 18.31 OF THE CORTE MADERA MUNICIPAL CODE TO (1) MAKE ACCESSORY DWELLING UNITS (“ADUS”) CONVERTED FROM EXISTING FLOOR SPACE, AND ALL JUNIOR ACCESSORY DWELLING UNITS, SUBJECT TO THE EXISTING ADU CAPACITY LIMITATIONS IN THE CHRISTMAS TREE HILL OVERLAY DISTRICT, (2) PROVIDE AN OPTION FOR DISCRETIONARY REVIEW TO ALLOW NON-CLERESTORY WINDOWS IN ADUS, AND (3) MAKE NON-SUBSTANTIVE CLEAN-UP CHANGES AND CLARIFICATIONS TO CHAPTER 18.31.|
|PROJECT CONTACT: ||MARTHA BATTAGLIA, SENIOR PLANNER firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 927-5791|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Town Council will hold a public hearing on Monday, March 2, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Council Chamber of Town Hall at 300 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, California, on the introduction of proposed zoning ordinance amendments related to Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) Regulations to Chapter 18.18 (Special Purpose Overlay Districts) and Chapter 18.31 (Accessory Dwelling Units) of the Town of Corte Madera Municipal Code.
The Town Council adopted Ordinance No. 992 on January 21, 2020 to repeal and replace the prior version of Chapter 18.31 (Accessory Dwelling Units) and amend Chapters 18.04 (Definitions), 18.18 (Special Purpose Overlay District), and 18.20 (Off-street Parking and Loading) of the Municipal Code. Under Ordinance No. 992 and the Town’s existing Municipal Code, interior ADUs converted from existing floor space (for example, basements, garages, & existing accessory structures), and all JADUs, are not subject to the existing ADU capacity limitations in the Christmas Tree Hill Overlay District (CTH). Ordinance No. 992 takes effect on February 21, 2020.
If ultimately adopted, the proposed amendments to Chapter 18.18 and 18.31 that the Council will consider on March 2, 2020 would (1) make ADUs converted from existing floor space, and all JADUs, subject to the ADU capacity limitations in CTH, (2) provide for an option for discretionary review for non-clerestory windows in certain ADUs, and (3) make additional non-substantive clean-up changes and clarifications to Chapter 18.31, none of which change the meaning or intent of Ordinance No. 992. The Planning Commission considered the proposed zoning ordinance amendments at their February 11, 2020 meeting, and adopted a Resolution recommending that the Town Council adopt the proposed amendments to Chapters 18.18 and 18.31.
The Planning Department recommends that this project is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under statutory exemption 15282(h) since the proposed ordinance is intended to implement the provisions of Government Code Section 65852.2.
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding prior meetings, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Town’s Active Projects webpage for the project: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/639/Accessory-Dwelling-Units.
- If you have any questions or comments about this application, please call Martha Battaglia at (415) 927-5791, or come to Town Hall at 300 Tamalpais Drive, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Town Council meetings are streamlined live and can be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above).
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of the Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Martha Battaglia, Senior Planner
Sent on or before February 21, 2020
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.