TOWN OF CORTE MADERA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
|PROJECT ADDRESS: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA|
|MEETING DATE: ||October 22, 2019|
|TIME AND PLACE: ||7:00 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE|
|SUBJECT: ||PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTERS 18.04, 18.18, 18.20 AND 18.31 OF THE CORTE MADERA MUNICIPAL CODE RELATED TO ACCESSORY DWELLING UNIT AND JUNIOR ACCESSORY DWELLING UNIT REGULATIONS |
|PROJECT CONTACT: ||MARTHA BATTAGLIA, SENIOR PLANNER email@example.com, (415) 927-5791|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed zoning ordinance amendments to Chapter 18.04 (Definitions), Chapter 18.18 (Special Purpose Overlay Districts), Chapter 18.20 (Off-street Parking and Loading) and Chapter 18.31 (Accessory Dwelling Units) of the Town of Corte Madera Municipal Code. Given the extent of changes and the desire by staff to reorganize Chapter 18.31, the existing Chapter 18.31 would be repealed and replaced with the new Chapter 18.31. The Planning Commission will consider draft zoning ordinance amendments regarding accessory dwelling unit and junior accessory dwelling unit regulations and may provide a recommendation to the Town Council. A subsequent public hearing will be held before the Town Council and will be duly noticed in advance of the meeting. The proposed amendments reflect direction from the Planning Commission at their May 14, 2019 and August 13, 2019 public meetings.
The Planning Department recommends that this project is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under statutory exemption 15282(h) since the proposed ordinance is intended to implement the provisions of Government Code Section 65852.2.
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding prior meetings, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Town’s Active Projects webpage for the project: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/639/Accessory-Dwelling-Units.
- If you have any questions or comments about this application, please call Martha Battaglia at (415) 927-5791, or come to Town Hall at 300 Tamalpais Drive, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Planning Commission meetings are streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of the Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Martha Battaglia, Senior Planner
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Notice dated October 11, 2019