TOWN OF CORTE MADERA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
|PROJECT NAME:||HOTEL FLOOR AREA BONUS ORDINANCE |
|APPLICABILITY:||C-3, C-4, AND MX ZONING DISTRICTS|
|MEETING DATE: ||TUESDAY MAY 21, 2019 |
|TIME AND PLACE:||6:30 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE|
|SUBJECT:||CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION TO INTRODUCE ORDINANCE NO. 988, AMENDING TITLE 18, CHAPTERS 18.12 (COMMERCIAL DISTRICTS) AND 18.13 (MIXED USE DISTRICTS), TO MODIFY THE PERMITTED FLOOR AREA RATIO (FAR) FOR HOTEL USES IN C-3, C-4, AND MX ZONING DISTRICTS, THROUGH THE CREATION OF A FLOOR AREA BONUS.|
|APPLICANT: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA PLANNING DEPARTMENT|
|PROJECT CONTACT: |
ADAM WOLFF, DIRECTOR, PLANNING AND BUILDING DEPARTMENT email@example.com; (415) 927-5064
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town Council of the Town of Corte Madera will hold a Public Hearing to review information, receive public comments, and consider introducing Ordinance No. 988 related to permitted floor area for hotel uses.
The proposed Ordinance would establish a framework for permitting a floor area bonus for hotel development on lots greater than one acre in size within the C-3, C-4, or MX zoning districts provided that specific conditions and criteria related to site planning and design, environmental sustainability, community integration, and the enhancement to the public realm are met. The bonus would permit up to a maximum of .70 FAR where the existing maximum is .34 FAR.
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the Planning Department has determined that the proposed action is exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) since adoption of the ordinance will not permit any changes to the environment and therefore there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment.
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding the Planning Commission’s prior meetings, project plans, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Town’s Active Projects webpage for the project: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/831/6681/Hotel-Floor-Area-Bonus-Ordinance and at the Town of Corte Madera Planning Department, located at 300 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, California, lower level, during public hours: 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 3:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Town Council meetings are also streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Adam Wolff, Director of Planning and Building
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.