|PROJECT ADDRESS: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA|
|MEETING DATE: ||TUESDAY, MAY 7, 2019|
|TIME AND PLACE: ||6:30 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE |
CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF CORTE MADERA AMENDING THE CORTE MADERA MUNICIPAL CODE REGARDING CANNABIS BUSINESSES AND CULTIVATION REGULATIONS. PROPOSED AMENDMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION ARE TO THE FOLLOWING CODE SECTIONS: TITLE 6–HEALTH AND SANITATION, CHAPTER 6.14 PROHIBITING SMOKING; TITLE 9 - PEACE, SAFETY AND MORALS, CHAPTER 9.14 CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES; AND TITLE 18 – ZONING, CHAPTERS 18.02 AND 18.04 AND ADOPTING A NEW CHAPTER 18.23 REGULATING CULTIVATION OF CANNABIS
|PROJECT CONTACT: ||PHIL BOYLE, SENIOR PLANNER email@example.com, (415) 927-5067|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Town Council will hold a Public Hearing to review information, receive public comments, and consider amending the Corte Madera Municipal Code regarding cannabis businesses and cultivation regulations. At the direction of the Town Council, Town staff has gathered information from the public, other jurisdictions and talked with industry and health professionals to develop regulations regarding cannabis related businesses and personal cultivation. Over the last eight months, the Town has conducted a public survey, held public workshops as well as public hearings before the Planning Commission and the Town Council to create policies and regulations that are consistent with the needs of Corte Madera and comply with state law. The proposed amendments for consideration are to the following code sections: Title 6–Health and Sanitation, Chapter 6.14 Prohibiting Smoking in Public Places, Places of Employment, Other Areas and, and Multi-Unit Housing; Title 9-Peace, Safety and Morals, Chapter 9.14 Controlled Substances; and Title 18–Zoning, Chapters 18.02 General and 18.04 Definitions. Also for consideration is adopting a new Chapter 18.23 Regulating Cultivation of Cannabis.
This activity is not subject to CEQA per Section 15061(b)(3), where it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question will have a significant effect on the environment.
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding prior meetings, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Town’s Active Projects webpage for the project: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/799/Cannabis-Ordinance. If you have any questions or comments about this application or would like to be notified of the decision, please call Phil Boyle at (415)927-5067, or come to Town Hall at 300 Tamalpais Drive, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Town Council meetings are also streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Phil Boyle, Senior Planner
Sent on or before April 26, 2019
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.