TOWN OF CORTE MADERA PLANNING COMMISSION
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
|PROJECT NAME: || BUDGET INN / EVERGREEN REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT|
|PROJECT ADDRESS:||706 MEADOWSWEET DRIVE (APN NO. 02-071-04) |
|MEETING DATE: ||TUESDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2018 |
|TIME AND PLACE: ||7:00 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE|
|SUBJECT: ||DESIGN REVIEW, CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT , AND SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION SP 15-009 TO REPLACE THE EXISTING BUDGET INN HOTEL WITH A NEW 22 ROOM MOTEL – THE EVERGREEN AT 706 MEADOW SWEET DRIVE.|
|PROJECT CONTACT: |
SEAN KENNINGS, CONTRACT PLANNER, email@example.com,
PHIL BOYLE, SENIOR PLANNER, firstname.lastname@example.org; (415) 927-5064
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to review information for consideration of a proposed redevelopment of the Budget Inn site located at 706 Meadowsweet Drive. The proposed project requires a Conditional Use Permit, Major Design Review, and Sign Permit approval for construction of “The Evergreen” motel. The project includes the demolition of all existing buildings, parking areas and landscaping and the construction of three new buildings containing 22 motel guest rooms, a manager’s office, a lobby and utility areas. The remainder of the site will have 22 parking spaces, an outdoor terrace, pedestrian walkways, bike racks and landscaping. The motel would include new vehicular access from Meadowsweet Dr. and the access from Casa Buena will be removed. The project also includes two illuminated wall signs each approximately 10’x2’, one on the south elevation in front to the office facing Meadowsweet, and the other on the west elevation. The proposed project complies with all development standards for the C-3 Highway Commercial Zoning District.
The Planning Department recommends that this project is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under Categorical Exemption Class 3 (CEQA Article 19, Section 15303(c)).
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding the Planning Commission’s prior meetings, project plans, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Budget Inn/Evergreen project page here: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/670/Budget-Inn-Rebuild and at the Town of Corte Madera Planning Department, located at 300 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, California, lower level, during public hours: 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 3:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Planning Commission meetings are also streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.