Reminder regarding the agenda for this evening’s Town Council meeting, which includes a Public Hearing on the Village at Corte Madera Restoration Hardware Expansion Project. Please note that Town Council meetings now begin at 6:30pm, in the Town Hall Council Chambers located at 300 Tamalpais Drive in Corte Madera. If you are unable to attend the meeting and would like to view the proceedings, you can watch a live stream of the meeting on the Town’s website via the following link: http://townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video or the direct link, http://cmcm.tv/cortemadera. An archive of the video will be posted on the Town’s website later in the week and can be accessed on the Town’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXRfUh7kV_4mHVgpEWCRIXw. You can also sign up through the YouTube page to receive automatic notifications when the video has been posted to the archive.
The agenda may be viewed in the Agenda Center on the Town’s website: http://townofcortemadera.org/AgendaCenter/Town-Council-1
The full agenda packet can be viewed here in five parts:
Part 1: Agenda and Consent Calendar Items http://townofcortemadera.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1923
Part 2a: Public Hearing for Restoration Hardware Project – Staff Report http://townofcortemadera.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1924
Part 2b: Public Hearing for Restoration Hardware Project – Attachments 1-6 http://townofcortemadera.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1925
Part 2c: Public Hearing for Restoration Hardware Project – Attachments 7-14 http://townofcortemadera.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1926
Part 3: Business Items and Draft Upcoming Agenda http://townofcortemadera.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1927
If you would like to provide any comments, and cannot appear at the meeting to speak in person, please forward your comments to Town Clerk Rebecca Vaughn at: email@example.com (prior to 4pm on the day of the meeting) and they will be made available to the Councilmembers and to the public at the meeting. If you have any questions, please call (415) 927-5085.
Please feel free to reach out to the Planning Department with any questions about this project at (415) 927-5064 or by emailing the Project Contact, Phil Boyle, Senior Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also read the Public Hearing Notice below for complete information.
TOWN OF CORTE MADERA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROJECT NAME: VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA EXPANSION PROJECT–RESTORATION HARDWARE
PROJECT ADDRESS: THE VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA AND ADJACENT TOWN OF CORTE MADERA GRAVEL PARKING LOT, 1618 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, ASSESSOR PARCEL NUMBERS 024-032-030 AND 024-032-019, CORTE MADERA, CA
MEETING DATE: TUESDAY DECEMBER 5, 2017
TIME AND PLACE: 6:30 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE
SUBJECT: CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING CERTIFICATION OF A FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT, AND MULTIPLE LAND USE ENTITLEMENTS TO FACILITATE THE VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA EXPANSION PROJECT AT 1618 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, INCLUDING A NEW 46,000 SF RETAIL STORE AND CAFÉ FOR RESTORATION HARDWARE AND MODIFICATIONS TO THE TOWN’S GRAVEL LOT FOR SHOPPING CENTER PARKING
PROJECT APPLICANTS: CORTE MADERA VILLAGE LLC AND RESTORATION HARDWARE
PROJECT CONTACT: PHIL BOYLE, SENIOR PLANNER, PLANNING AND BUILDING DEPARTMENT, email@example.com; (415) 927-5064
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Town Council will hold a Public Hearing to review information presented by Town Staff and the project applicants, receive public comments, and consider The Village at Corte Madera Expansion Project–Restoration Hardware Application which includes an Environmental Impact Report and land use applications for:
- A General Plan Amendment to change the Land Use designation of the gravel lot from Wetlands and Marshlands to Mixed-Use Region-Serving Commercial;
- A Rezoning of the gravel lot from Parks, Open Space and Natural Habitat to Regional Shopping District
- A Preliminary Plan Amendment for a ±46,000 sq. ft. expansion at the Village shopping center and modifications to the existing gravel parking lot;
- A Precise Plan Amendment, including Design Review, for construction of a new ±46,000 sq. ft. retail store and café for Restoration Hardware, development of a new approximate 455 space parking lot at the existing gravel parking lot and modifications to the center’s east entry plaza;
- A Conditional Use Permit for an approximately 5,800 square foot cafe within the new retail store;
- Development Agreement to improve and maintain the gravel lot and establish rights and obligations to use the lot as required parking for The Village;
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was prepared for the proposed project. All public comments, and the Planning Department’s responses to public comments, are included in a Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR).
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding the project including, the EIR, project plans, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Village at Corte Madera Expansion Project web page here: http://www.townofcortemadera.org/563/Village-Expansion-Project-Restoration-Ha and at the Town of Corte Madera Planning Department, located at 300 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, California, lower level, during public hours: 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 3:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Town Council meetings are also streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- The Town Council packet is scheduled to be available no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Phil Boyle, Senior Planner
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.