The Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:30pm, regarding an application for expansion of the Village at Corte Madera, including a new stand-alone Restoration Hardware retail store. Please read the Public Hearing Notice below for complete information. Please also see additional information regarding the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR), Story Poles, and the Corte Madera Planning Commission Public Hearing for the Village at Corte Madera Expansion/Restoration Hardware Project by viewing the NewsFlash dated November 3, 2017: http://www.townofcortemadera.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=147
TOWN OF CORTE MADERA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROJECT NAME: VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA EXPANSION PROJECT
PROJECT ADDRESS: THE VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA AND ADJACENT TOWN OF CORTE MADERA GRAVEL PARKING LOT, 1618 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, ASSESSOR PARCEL NUMBERS 024-032-030 AND 024-032-019, CORTE MADERA, CA
MEETING DATE: TUESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2017
TIME AND PLACE: 6:30 pm (PLEASE NOTE EARLY START TIME)
CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE
SUBJECT: CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE RECOMMENDATION TO THE CORTE MADERA TOWN COUNCIL REGARDING CERTIFICATION OF A FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT, AND MULTIPLE LAND USE ENTITLEMENTS TO FACILITATE THE VILLAGE AT CORTE MADERA EXPANSION PROJECT AT 1618 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, INCLUDING A NEW 46,000 SF RETAIL STORE AND CAFÉ FOR RESTORATION HARDWARE AND MODIFICATIONS TO THE TOWN’S GRAVEL LOT FOR SHOPPING CENTER PARKING
PROJECT CONTACT: PHIL BOYLE, SENIOR PLANNER, PLANNING AND BUILDING DEPARTMENT firstname.lastname@example.org; (415) 927-5067
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing to review information presented by Town Staff and the project applicants, receive public comments, and consider making a recommendation to the Corte Madera Town Council regarding certification of the EIR and land use applications by Corte Madera Village LLC and Restoration Hardware for:
- A General Plan Amendment to change the Land Use designation of the gravel lot from Wetlands and Marshlands to Mixed-Use Region-Serving Commercial
- A Rezoning of the gravel lot from Parks, Open Space and Natural Habitat to Regional Shopping District
- A Preliminary Plan Amendment for a ±46,000 sq. ft. expansion at the Village shopping center and modifications to the existing gravel parking lot
- A Precise Plan Amendment, including Design Review, for construction of a new ±46,000 sq. ft. retail store and café for Restoration Hardware, development of a new approximate 455 space parking lot at the existing gravel parking lot and modifications to the center’s east entry plaza.
- A Conditional Use Permit for an approximately 5,800 square foot cafe within the new retail store
- Development Agreement to improve and maintain the gravel lot and establish rights and obligations to use the lot as required parking for The Village
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was prepared for the proposed project. All public comments, and the Planning Department’s responses to public comments, are included in a Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR).
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- Additional information regarding the project including, the EIR, project plans, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Village at Corte Madera Expansion Project web page here: http://www.townofcortemadera.org/563/Village-Expansion-Project-Restoration-Ha and at the Town of Corte Madera Planning Department, located at 300 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, California, lower level, during public hours: 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 3:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Planning Commission meetings are also streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- The Planning Commission packet is scheduled to be available no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 6, 2017 and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.