Public Counter Hours & Appointments
The Town of Corte Madera's Department of Community Development (Building and Planning Divisions) and the Department of Public Works* are open for in-person visits Monday through Friday (see hours below). Staff is also available by phone and email.
The Town's "One Stop Shop" Over-the-Counter Service:
The Town of Corte Madera has enhanced our customer services at our Building Division. The Town has added an additional day of “one stop shop” over-the-counter service to better serve our community. Up until recently, the Town only offered an open counter, interactive plan check and review with Building and Planning on Thursdays from 9:00 to noon. We will now be available on Tuesdays from 9:00 to noon as well.
Bring your sketches, photos, ideas, and questions to our open counter. You'll have immediate availability to a Town Planner and a Building Division Plans Examiner to review and advise you on your proposed project.
For relatively simple projects, the plan review may be done over-the-counter at that time and you could walk out with a permit that day.
For more complex projects, we can review your plans and help you identify any code issues, or additional needed information as well as advise you on how to navigate the building permit process.
If you have code questions or you just aren't sure if you need a permit - just ask. We're here to give you all the advice you should need. Visit us at 240 Tamal Vista Blvd., Suite #110.
Town Hall is open Monday through Thursday: 8:30AM-4:00PM and Friday: 8:30AM-12:00PM
- We are currently located at 240 Tamal Vista Blvd, Suite 110, Corte Madera
- Available departments/divisions: Building, Planning, Public Works*, Sanitary District 2*, Code Enforcement, Finance, and Administration
- Over the counter plan review (simple permits only) is available with the Building Official on Tuesdays and Thursdays only (as noted above in the "One Stop Shop" information), no appointment needed.
- Applicants seeking to obtain a building permit for an upcoming project may refer to the Building Division’s webpage by clicking here for details on how to submit electronically.
- Parks and Recreation is open Monday through Friday 9AM to 4PM at 498 Tamalpais Drive (Corte Madera Community Center)
* A customer service representative from the Department of Public Works (DPW) and Sanitary District No. 2 (SD2) will be available on each day referenced above; however, any items that require engineering review or technical expertise by DPW or SD2 will be limited to Tuesdays and Thursdays.