Corte Madera Residence Inn
Reneson Hotels, owners and operators of the Best Western Corte Madera Inn, propose to demolish the existing hotel and construct a new 149-room, approximately 118,000 square foot hotel. On February 15, 2022 the Town Council adopted Resolution 09/2022, 10/2022 and 11/2022, adopting an an Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project; approving a Conditional Use Permit and Hotel FAR Bonus to allow the hotel use and the additional floor area for the project; and also approved Preliminary and Precise Plans (including Design Review and Sign Permit) to facilitate the development of the new Residence Inn Hotel including ancillary facilities. Application materials, environmental documents, and information about prior meetings can be found below.
A Permit Amendment Application has been submitted by Reneson Hotels, Inc. to modify the approved Design Review Permit for the Residence Inn Hotel at 56 Madera Boulevard. Elements of the approved design have been altered during the preparation of the construction and building permit application. The applicant is seeking several modifications to the previously approved Design Review Permit. Refer to the public notice for additional information on the proposed modifications and how to provide public comment on the application.
Town Council Public Hearing February 15, 2022
Planning Commission Public Hearing January 25, 2022
- Meeting video
- Revised Resolutions: Attachment 1 Reso 22-002 (CEQA); Attachment 2 Reso 22-003 (CUP/FAR Bonus); Attachment 3 Reso 22-004 (Preliminary/Precise Plan, Design Review, Sign Permit)
- Archive of late correspondence received after agenda publication
- Staff Report (click here to access the meeting on January 25, 7pm)
- Public Hearing Notice
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Residence Inn – Corte Madera
- Initial Study and Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/Proposed MND) for the proposed Residence Inn – Corte Madera redevelopment project
- Hotel Floor Area Bonus Ordinance Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration - dated April 2020
Planning Commission Preliminary Review January 12, 2021
Community Meeting October 7, 2020
Access archived information about the previous hotel project.