Planning Commission Meetings
Planning Commission Meetings via Videoconference - Remote Access Guidelines
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the current Shelter In Place order, Town meetings will take place via videoconference only. All Commission members will be participating remotely and residents are urged to follow the Marin County Public Health Officer’s shelter in place order and attend the meeting remotely as well. As allowed under Executive Order N-29-20 (March 17, 2020), the Town of Corte Madera will no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend.
HOW TO ATTEND MEETINGS: Beginning in June, meetings will be videoconferenced using Zoom Webinar. Read the guidelines for viewing and participating in videoconferenced Town Meetings through Zoom Webinar here. Download Zoom Webinar here (You may need to restart your device after downloading)
- This link will remain the same for all videoconferenced Planning Commission meetings. No pre-registration is needed, just click on the link at the meeting start time. Attendees will be able to select the "raise hand" option,and can be called on and unmuted in order to provide public comment during the meeting.
- You can register here to automatically receive agendas for upcoming meetings
Call-in Option: (408) 638-0968 If you call in to the meeting, you will need to dial *9 in order to add yourself to the speaker queue during the meeting. Note: dial *67 before dialing in in order to not have your phone number appear to the public when you give public comment.
Staff will be monitoring the proceedings and facilitating requests from virtual attendees who wish to provide verbal public comment. All attendees are encouraged to submit any written public comments for the Commission before or during the meeting to: PublicComment@tcmmail.org.
OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT:
We strongly recommend submitting your public comment early by:
- Sending comments prior to the meeting to: PublicComment@tcmmail.org. All public comment received prior to 5:00 P.M. the day of the meeting will be distributed to the entire Commission and made available to the public in the online agenda packet.
- Sending comments during the meeting to: PublicComment@tcmmail.org. The Town will accept public comment via email during the meeting, from 7:00pm until the adjournment of the meeting. All public comment received via email will be read aloud by staff at the appropriate time on the agenda for each agenda item, forwarded to the Council or Commission, posted to the Town website, and placed in the Town’s permanent records. Please make sure to indicate the item number to which your comment is related, or whether it is for the General Public Comment period at the beginning of the meeting. Your comment will be read verbatim, however words including profanity, obscenity, and discriminatory language will not be read into the record in order to avoid disruption of the meeting. Your comment is subject to the same 3-minute limit as in-person spoken comments.
- When participating in a meeting through Zoom webinar, you may select the "Raise Hand" Icon in the Zoom platform, or dial *9 if you have called into the meeting, in order to add yourself to the speaker queue during the meeting. Your raised hand will alert the Chair or presiding officer and meeting Host that you would like to make a public comment on that item. When the Chair calls for public comment, either the presiding officer or the meeting Host will unmute your line and call your name at which point you may make your comments. If you are joining the meeting via Zoom on either a computer, tablet, or smartphone, the Raise Hand icon will be at either the bottom or top of your screen, depending on the device. Click here for more information on how to raise your hand during the webinar.