This project included roadway and sidewalk improvements on Tamal Vista Boulevard between Fifer Avenue and Madera Boulevard and all of Council Crest Drive. The goal of the project was to improve multi-modal transportation and safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists by:
- Adding class II bike lanes in both directions
- Improving pedestrian crosswalks by adding new pedestrian refuge islands and rapid flash beacons
- Adding new ADA compliant curb ramps, installing new ADA compliant driveway approaches, and replacing portions of sidewalk to meet ADA standards
- Retrofitting bus stops
- Repaving the roadway, installing new striping, and installing new signage
- Replace existing drainage inlet grates with bicycle proof grates
- Repairing and improving storm drains
- Adding a bicycle left turn lane from the Wornum Drive intersection to the Sandra Marker trail
Completed. The project was awarded to the lowest responsible bidder Ghilotti Construction Company for $2,177,628.75 on May 7, 2020.
Project Type(s): Roadway, Bicycle, Pedestrian, Traffic, Sustainability
For more information, contact Chris Good firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up questions.