Solar Photovoltaic Permitting
Solar Photovoltaic Installations
In compliance with Assembly Bill 2188, which was approved on September 21, 2014, the Town of Corte Madera has implemented Ordinance No. 953 for expedited qualifying Solar Photovoltaic permitting. The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research - Solar Permitting Task Force has created a model streamlined permit process. The streamlined process applies to one and two family dwellings for small rooftop installations of 10 kilowatts or less and that qualify within the expedited design criteria. In order to apply for an expedited Solar Photovoltaic permit, print the forms provided in the links below. All applicable forms must be completed in their entirety. Please submit a complete set of plans to the Town of Corte Madera along with a completed permit application and a plan review fee of $168.75. The plans will be reviewed over-the-counter or within one to three business days if the inspector is in the field at time of submittal.
Please note that if a proposed system does not meet all of the guidelines then it does not qualify for expedited permitting. Custom, commercial, or very large solar photovoltaic arrays will need to be designed and submitted through the standard process.
Solar Photovoltaic Installation 10kW or less for one and two family dwellings
- Submittal Requirements
- Eligibility Checklist
- Standard Plan - Central/String Inverter Systems
- Standard Plan - Microinverter and ACM Systems
- Structural Criteria
- Inspection Guide
- 2013 Solar Panels - Residential Fire Code
Solar Domestic Water Heating
Solar Pool Heating Installation
Solar Resources and Information
- California Solar Permitting Guidebook
- California Solar Consumer Protection Guide: The California Public Utilities Commission publishes this guide for homeowners considering solar, with important information on the solar process, financing, and false claims to watch out for.
- Marin Solar Program: Marin County staff can help evaluate whether a solar system is right for your home or business. The site also provides information on tax credits and financing available for solar installations.
- Federal Tax Credit for Solar Photovoltaics