Permits by Fax
Faxed Permit Application Procedures
- Furnace or air conditioning installation
- Minor plumbing work such as replacement of water and gas lines
- Re-roofing without adding significant additional weight to roof (i.e., concrete tile replacing composition shingles). Scope of work must state proposed roof covering and class of roof materials, removing or overlaying existing roof, and whether new sheathing is being installed (Roofs in the WUI zone must be of a Class A assembly)
- Water Heater installation
Information RequiredThe following information must be submitted to the Building Department:
- A building permit application completed in its entirety, including a description of the work to be performed in the "Description of Scope of Work" area at the top of the application.
- A credit card authorization form
- A declaration for faxed permits. All declarations, including contractor’s license, Worker’s Compensation, and the affirmation to comply with the ordinances and laws must be signed
- Business license for the contractor must be current for the processing of applications. Should a business license be needed, complete the business license application
Upon ReceiptUpon receipt of your faxed application, Building Department staff will input the application, apply fees, print the permit and job card and mail all corresponding documents to the contractor. If you wish these documents be mailed to someone other than the contractor, please indicate the mailing address on the faxed application.
Homeowner ApplicationsIf the homeowner is applying for the permit, an Owner-Builder Acknowledgment and Information Verification Form is required to be completed.
Processing FaxesFaxes are processed within 24 hours of receipt. Faxes missing the required information listed above will not be processed. We will contact you if we are unable to process your request via fax.
General Public Hours
Monday through Thursday from 8:30AM to 4:00PM
Fridays from 8:30AM to 12:00PM
One Stop Shop
Tuesday and Thursday 9:00AM to 12:00PM. Walk-ins should be for over the counter building permits and over the counter plan review with the Building Division.
Online Permit Center
9:00AM - 12:00PM
1:00PM - 4:00PM
Click here for complete instructions on how to schedule your inspection. You may also call 628-258-0297
Contact Code Enforcement