Permits by Fax
Please read this important message about Building Department Operations (dated 3/16/20)
Faxed applications will be accepted for the following work (residential only):
Faxed Permit Application Procedures
- Furnace or air conditioning installation
- Minor plumbing work such as replacement of water and gas lines
- Re-roofing without adding significant additional weight to roof (i.e., concrete tile replacing composition shingles). Scope of work must state proposed roof covering and class of roof materials, removing or overlaying existing roof, and whether new sheathing is being installed (Roofs in the WUI zone must be of a Class A assembly)
- Water Heater installation
The following information must be submitted to the Building Department:
- A building permit application completed in its entirety, including a description of the work to be performed in the "Description of Scope of Work" area at the top of the application.
- A credit card authorization form
- A declaration for faxed permits. All declarations, including contractor’s license, Worker’s Compensation, and the affirmation to comply with the ordinances and laws must be signed
- Business license for the contractor must be current for the processing of applications. Should a business license be needed, complete the business license application
Upon receipt of your faxed application, Building Department staff will input the application, apply fees, print the permit and job card and mail all corresponding documents to the contractor. If you wish these documents be mailed to someone other than the contractor, please indicate the mailing address on the faxed application.
If the homeowner is applying for the permit, an Owner-Builder Acknowledgment and Information Verification Form is required to be completed.
Faxes are processed within 24 hours of receipt. Faxes missing the required information listed above will not be processed. We will contact you if we are unable to process your request via fax.