CalTrans US 101 Tamalpais Drive Overcrossing Project
Caltrans recently published their Draft Initial Study with Proposed Negative Declaration (IS/ND) for the U.S. Highway 101 Tamalpais Drive Overcrossing project in Corte Madera, which considers six project alternatives (see a 360 Tour of the Alternatives here).
The sponsor and lead for this project is Caltrans and their webpage for the Tamalpais Overcrossing project is available here.
The purpose of the project is to upgrade the existing pedestrian facilities to provide Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant access across U.S. Highway 101 at Tamalpais Drive Overcrossing, seismic improvements and repairs, and maintenance of the existing structure.
This Project is needed because the existing pedestrian infrastructure within the Project area is not compliant with current State and Federal ADA regulations. The Project is also needed because the structure is at risk of seismic failure because it cannot be fully inspected. Repairs and rehabilitation of the overcrossing (OC) are being completed to satisfy maintenance plans for the state highway system within the Project area.
Construction is anticipated to begin in 2025, and the duration is currently estimated to take 360 to 480 working days. It is proposed that work will be completed using a combination of day shifts and night shifts, depending on specific operations.
Comments will be accepted during the 45-day public comment period from July 7, 2022 to August 22, 2022.
We encourage you to participate in the process. There are many ways you can submit your comments on this project:
- Fill out the Electronic Comment Card
- Provide comments directly to tamalpaisOC@dot.ca.gov or email@example.com
- Mail your comments directly to:
Caltrans, District 4 - Office of Environmental Analysis
Attn: Liz Nagle, Environmental Scientist
P.O. Box 23660, MS-8B
Oakland, CA 94623-0660
To view a copy of the information mailer Noticed by CalTrans, please click here.
Upcoming Community Workshops/Presentations
Caltrans Virtual Public Workshop
- Thursday, August 4, 2022, 6PM - 7:30PM
- Via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88582171290?pwd=UGRvbFVIaGhjd3V1VUsvK2ROTUY1dz09
- Click here to view and share the workshop flyer
Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Presentation (Special Meeting)
- Monday, August 8, 2022 at 6:30 PM
- Discussion of CalTrans U.S. 101 Tamalpais Drive Overcrossing Alternatives and Draft Environmental Document Review.
Town Council Presentation
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 6:30PM
- Members of the public may attend the meeting in person, or view and participate in the meeting remotely through the following link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84104397707 (No Pre-Registration Needed- Click on Link at Meeting Start Time)
- You may call in using: 1 (408) 638-0968 (Zoom webinar ID: 841 0439 7707)
- For more information on how to access public meetings, visit our webpage https://www.townofcortemadera.org/908/Access-Public-Meetings