Summer Playground is a decades old summer program through Corte Madera Parks and Recreation. Campers are provided with a safe but exciting environment in which they are free to explore new activities, meet new friends and create life long memories. We aim to provide a “classic” summer camp experience. Once the Summer Playground bug is caught it is nearly impossible to get rid of! In fact, many of our counselors and C.I.T’s (counselors in training) were once campers here. Even our 2017 Camp Director Elizabeth Bissiri attended Summer Playground over 20 years ago! Every counselor is CPR and AED certified.
Summer Playground is open between 7:30am and 6:30pm. We offer an art, sport and game every hour between 9:00am and 4:00pm (except the lunch hour) and campers are allowed to float between activities at their discretion. Field trips and pool days are another fun feature of our program. Weekly themes, dress up days, a penny carnival, sporadic specialty performers and an end of summer overnight sleep over ensure your camper a terrific summer!
Registration opens March 14th, 2017.
Corte Madera Community Center
498 Tamalpais Dr.
Corte Madera CA 94925
Our Summer Playground Front Desk Phone Number is:
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 6:30pm
Our Counselor In Training (CIT) program helps keep Summer Playground up and running. Designed to help our teens grow into future counselors, our program is designed to help our CITs develop the skills to not only become a Summer Playground counselor, but also a contributing, positive member of our society. If you are interested in becoming a CIT, please fill out the application below and register for the program via our registration tab!
CIT program form Online registration is not available. You can register over the phone or in person.
To register your child for the Summer Playground Program:
1. Follow this link REGISTER FOR SUMMER PLAYGROUND
and click the SIGN IN button on the upper right corner of the page
2. Sign if with your profile (If you are NOT a member, create a free account!)
3. Once you’ve signed in and reached the home page, Add any members of your family you wish to sign up, by clicking the green Add Member tab
4. Once you’ve added all of your members, click on the Summer Playground Tab at the top of the page.
5. Here you will find all of the courses available within the Summer Playground program.
6. Register for the programs that best fit your needs
* The CIT Registration requires submission of a separate application, which can be found on our CIT page
* To register for Field Trips, Your child must be registered for our Summer Playground Program.
7. Complete your payment and registration
8. Congratulations! You are now enrolled in our programs!